Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I woke up this morning with broken images of horror still reverberating in my memory. I'm not aware of my dreams that often, maybe one day out of the week, but for a long time now the ones i do remember have been nightmares. They always have the same set of themes, abandonment, being lost, carrying some unreasonable burden. They're all different in their imagery, but all dealing with the same concepts. My tasks aren't usually the disturbing part. For example, last night i had the task of carrying luggage for my family after a long trip. They didn't recognize me though and treated me like a bell hop. But, i was walking the luggage through a farm, muddy and enclosed in barbed wire. On the ground there were all sorts of small birds, wallowing in mud and nipping at my ankles. I just walked over and on them. Crushing some as i cleared a path for my apathetic family. That's how it always is. If not creepy bird-like creatures, then bugs or worms or something completely original that my head just seems to come up with.

I can't remember the last good dream i had; i can't remember when it happened or what my life was like at the time. I can only remember nightmares and the horrible images that escape my sub-conscious scarring, desensitising me.

No comments: