Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Book: 2666 by Roberto Bolaño

After months of turning each page with patience and as much attention as i could devote to such a complex and detailed work; i'm finished. I can comfortably say that no other book has had such an emotional effect on me. No other book has made me feel disappointed that i can't keep turning the pages and dig a little deeper into the black hole that is the premise of this novel. I don't know what else to say about it.

I'd recommend 2666 to anyone who likes to read, but as with a lot of the subject matter i tend to drift toward, this is dark. It sucks the light out of existence. It describes futility in detail and you can certainly bet there isn't going to be a happy ending, or an ending at all for that matter because once the pages stop turning you can be assured the images won't fade nearly as quickly.

5/5

No comments: