Friday, April 23, 2010

People

There's a Dunkin Donuts in my town. Sometimes i like to drive over and get myself a medium black coffee and a boston creme on days i don't have to go into work. This morning i went early enough to catch the morning rush and was dumbfounded. There was a line of cars extending well out of the property of dunkin donuts, into the street and even into one side street all waiting for the drive-thru. I understand that the establishment is in an odd area that's built up too densely and not planned correctly, so congestion is expected. There's one detail that caught my attention however. THE PARKING LOT WAS EMPTY. And, of course this line of cars was blocking the entrance to it. All someone had to do was say, "This line is ridiculous, how bout i just park, walk inside and order in the store. No. So this is what i did. I noted a car that was waiting in line, a dark green mini-van. I drove across the street and parked in an adjacent gas station. I walked from said gas station to Dunkin. I ordered and walked out. I was able to do all this in the time it took the green mini-van to move two places in line.

Please people, look around. If you notice you're making life harder for other people, adjust your routine. It doesn't take much.

No comments: