Monday, December 26, 2016

Best of 2016

8) Wormrot - Voices


Wormrot has been on my radar for a while, but for some reason I've never taken them that seriously. It's extremely possible I just wasn't angry or frustrated enough in the past to add them to the soundtrack of life. This year was at times dark and Voices was a bit of aural violence to give the burgeoning chaos a little context. Of all the records on my list this would be the last I'd recommend though because it is, after all, a grind record. You can't just get into this album without appreciating noisy, raucous music. If you're curious about it I'd gladly suggest a few punk records, then a few hardcore records, then a few grind records and then it might be a little more manageable of an experience, but until then, listeners beware.

No comments: