Monday, November 5, 2007

World renowned failure at both death and life
Given nothingness, purgatory blight
To run and hide, a cowardly procedure
Options exhausted, except for anesthesia - anesthesia

An 10 ton riff is muted into silence upon the sight of flashing blue lights. An officer had pulled someone over on a crowded stretch of main st. Not seconds after the reflection from the lights fades a few spoken words from Mr. Steele.

I don't feel anything....

It's amazing how sometimes a song will fit what's going on around you so startlingly well that you look for reasons as to why it happened. Pure statistics will explain that given enough music and enough time out on the road coincidences happen. But, i choose to forgo the rules of statistics and say that i heard that song loud and clear for a reason. I am becoming numb, and i'm finally starting to appreciate it. Quiet nights are becoming bearable. Endless hours at the gym are showing. The pain in the fingertips of my left hand from playing a beautiful new acoustic guitar is worth the progress i've been making. I feel little other than a want to be the person i created the framework for in college. I just hope that when i become that person i haven't forgotten how to be human.

Anyway, like i said, i bought a new acoustic. She's seriously beautiful and sounds like a much more expensive guitar than what i bought it for. And i got my first actual job at work. My boss didn't know that i didn't have access to do such a job, but that is being fixed and i shall be well on my way by the end of the week.



2 comments:

Bear Flavored said...

You bastard, getting paid all that money and only starting your first project in November.

Good you're still working out though. I can't gain weight for shit. You're going to be a monster on stage. At the end of each show, you will tear your shirt open in a violent frenzy. The pieces will later sell on eBay for hundreds of dollars.

MAS said...

A wonderful post. Have you read Ayn Rand's, Atlas Shrugged? It will confirm your notion of consciously recognizing you are becoming your own man. As I read through it now, I feel vindicated; the things I aspire to be are slowly taking shape as the naivete of youth is slowly being replaced by an empowered sense of independence.

Why does it seem banks always have "access" problems. Am I right people? I started in July at the Fed and my supervisor realized just today I had only about half of the programs needed to complete my daily work... Unreal.