Monday, January 14, 2008

The gym was packed tonight, lots of meatheads taking up the whole free-weight area, so i just stuck to mostly cardio. I'm proud of myself though because i was able to pick up my pace quite a bit without my heart rate getting too high.

I've been feeling more and more guilty about my work situation and decided to make an honest effort at creating relevant projects for myself since i have no assigned work. I will still be continuing my book, but this one is considerably more challenging to get through than Battle Royale was: The Brother's Karamazov. It's kind of silly how extremely different these books are. In Battle Royale sometimes it only took a page of brief commentary or explanation before a character was killed lying in a pool of their own blood. In this one however it takes a full chapter for Dostoevsky to describe one conversation. His writing has an infinite amount of depth, and i'm getting more and more used to it each chapter, but it is still a tough read.

That's it for tonight, nothing really on my mind...

No comments: