Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's finally starting to get warmer, the trees are starting to show a little green, i can walk outside in a t-shirt and feel comfortable. I'm looking forward to enjoying my first full spring/summer here. It'll be interesting to see how much happier i am in warmer weather. When i first arrived last June it was already starting to cool off and the coming winter perpetuated a lot of negative feelings. It's odd how much the weather effects me, but i know i will feel as if i'm starting again with the new season. I'll turn in some old habits for new ones and spend a lot more time outside around people i don't know. I'll play the system loud with the windows down. I'll spend more time at the local music store.
I'm hoping to start appreciating music again. For too long i've been gobbling up everything in sight looking for the "prefect" bands. To my surprise i tore through whole genres just to find myself perpetually disappointed. It's because i was looking for immediate satisfaction, comparing and contrasting similar bands that i had previously pigeon-holed. I plan from this week on to buy a new cd every week and really appreciate it, let it develop, take time to understand where the artist was coming from. I might even buy a turntable considering the insane amount of vinyl at this place. I might even post here of my weekly findings.

No comments: