Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Best of 2010

As the years pass it's important for us to remember personal events, accomplishments, experiences so that we may grow as individuals, educate others, and ultimately reflect upon them in order to evaluate our lives and find some comfort in our eventual departure. I have many memories of my past but few that I could identify with a year. 2010 presented an exception. 2010 was the year we lost Peter Steele and Ronnie James Dio, and I don't think I'll ever forget that. The music of these two men greatly influenced my growth as a metalhead and their deaths set the tone for what music I searched for over the past year. Even though much of this influence was subconscious I recognize that 2010 was a year of loss and the music I spent the most time with, the music that I found most attractive, was music that sympathized with me, that comforted me, and ultimately helped me understand that it's important to move on and welcome new bands and musicians with the passing of the old. So this is my list, a selection of 10 albums from 2010 that helped me through a tough year.

No comments: