Saturday, October 13, 2007

Did you see Jimmy's car?
I sure did, let me tell you, a couple minutes i could hot wire that son o' bitch and be gone
You know how to hot wire?
Nah, not me, but my brother can. Ha, I can't hotwire no car, but my brother does it all the time.
Sure is a nice car.

I stopped listening and imagined sticking a gun in my mouth and saying good bye to this awful awful place. Wow, i mean, i'm not that big of a snobby asshole, but damnit. This was at the mall. I was walking behind them, struggling having just bought a 5' by 8' rug to put in my living room. It was an impulse buy so i didn't think ahead in parking anywhere near the store i bought it in. This leaves me walking through a terribly crowded mall, bag in one hand, balancing a fairly large rug with the other arm. It was dangerous. I even got a "Hey! that's a nice rug you got there!" It is nice, like really perfect. I was holding off on getting one for a while because i'm so incredibly picky with everything, but this one just popped right out and it fits so well. Anyway, that was an odd experience, i felt kind of like a lumber jack carrying a big log through... well... a shopping mall. I even think i got some good looks from girls who couldn't get over how big and strong i was... maybe... ok, not really.
And, i finally signed up for a blockbuster account. Feeling adventurous for my first pick i went with a foreign film and it bit me in the ass. It's this Czech film about some random people, and usually i love movies that just follow a few characters without much of a plot, but this was truly awful. None of the characters had any substance; it was like after watching them for 2 hours i didn't know anything more about them (except for a couple over-emphasized quirks) than if i had just seen their faces for the first time. The dialog was for the most part emotionless. I don't know, i might be being to harsh. Maybe i just don't understand the culture there... But, anyway, it's called Up and Down, and i suggest you avoid it.

No comments: