Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Best of 2018

6) Vanishing Kids - Heavy Dreamer


Speaking of women... Here's another female-fronted act that struck me near the end of the year and I'm really glad they did because this album just fucking rocks man. Vanishing Kids have this intoxicating spaced out 70's psych vibe I've been searching for for a long long time. Psychedelic music so often wanders without purpose. I get it man, the drugs make that amp sound stellar. I have been there, but then you gotta wake up and ask yourself if there's a song there. Heavy Dreamer is song after song of really fucking memorable moments. The vox are haunting and carry the show, but taking some time to focus attention toward the lead guitar and percussion, there's just so much talent on hand here. I feel embarrassed for not knowing about this band before now, but now that I do, I'll be a loyal fanboy.

No comments: