Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Best of 2018

5) The Black Queen - Infinite Games


You know I fucking hate dancing, right? All these silly people that go dancing, I always think, "What is the fucking purpose there? Is there some release had by dancing that isn't addressed by fucking?" Well, The Black Queen reminded me how much of a fucking idiot I usually am toward the perfectly well-adjusted people around me. Infinite Games speaks to the parts of my inner self I never really understood, the parts that seek physical expression. I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure out why this album effects me so deeply and I think I have it sorted. There's a lot of Nine Inch Nails here. I mean just listen to One of Edge of Two and try to not think of Closer, impossible. And that might be it. When I was really getting into NIN I was young, innocent, my body still did things I didn't understand. This brings me back and it does so by reminding of NIN while taking a different approach, an approach less acerbic and "fuck the world." Infinite Games turns out to be a darkly fun thrill and it's my guilty pleasure of the year not because I feel guilty for listening, but for the actions of my body while listening.

No comments: