Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ok, today was a legitimately good day. It rained all day yesterday. And so today it was as if all the tensions of the heat and the humidity had been relieved creating some sort of balance. I could feel it as i walked out of the door, my first breath was refreshing, awakening, like the weather was giving me motivation to succeed in whatever menial battles i would attempt to take on in my cubicle. It never got too hot so i could even walk around outside for a break and not get all gross. Lunch was good; i made a brown sugar roasted ham and provolone sandwich so i didn't have to bother the nice hispanic woman in the cafeteria. (whenever i go down there i feel like i have to take a pre-made sandwich because no one takes them and i hate the concept of wasting food, and i'm not even the least bit picky when it comes to eating a soggy sandwich. But, they're in a spot where i can't reach them behind the counter so i have to ask the woman behind the counter to get it, but she can hardly reach them, so we wind up always doing a collaborative thing where i reach one hand and old the sandwich while she positions a Styrofoam container beneath it and once i drop it in, she hands it to me and says in the nicest way she could possibly deliver "Have a nice day!" and i respond with a hopefully equal amount of kindness "You too!")
The drive home was good; you know when you make a cd, and sometimes the songs are off-queue, meaning you think to yourself "why did i even make the piece of garbage" but only because the songs don't play in accordance to the right events. Well, when stranglehold by ted nugent came on while i was making a daring pass in somewhat tight traffic, it was perfect. For a taste i'll give an excerpt from the song:

Here i come again now baby
like a dog in heat
tell it's me by the clamor now baby
i like to tear up the street,
and i been smokin for so long,
ya know im here to stay
got you in a stranglehold baby
you best get outta the way

How perfect is that when you're weaving in and out of traffic? Brilliant.
Anyway, the gym was good. Of course i'm a sad lonely man and therefore am slowly developing a crush on the girl that is always at the front desk when i come in. She's cute and she has the nicest tone in her voice when she says "how you doin?" I'm mildly crushed every time searching for a clever response but usually the colorless "good, how are you?" is delivered and i am on my way to the free weight area. No matter, a crush it will remain because as i said in one of my previous posts, i'm not looking, i'm waiting to get some money to make my apartment comfortable and am focusing on my guitar, which is going well. (today i improvised my first solo on the E minor pentatonic scale, woot)
I'll be hoping the cosmic energies don't decide to balance today with a painful day tomorrow, but we'll see. I will surely document it for the sake of writing.

1 comment:

Bear Flavored said...

Keep practicing. I am determined to fulfill my childhood ambition to be a vocalist in a thrash-metal band called Guttersplooge. I promised I would accomplish this to my grandmother on her death bed, and I can't let her down.