Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This weekend was not so good. I don't feel like going into much detail, but my car's battery died, my own fault, but it was beyond the condition of keeping a charge. I had to get it towed the tow truck was 2 hours late. I had to get a taxi back, no taxi's showed up, of the 8 that i called all saying something like "well, we don't have any cars over there" or "we're swamped tonight." So after two hours of waiting, while i witnessed a shooting and a car turnover (no, i'm not kidding) i managed to bum a ride from another local tow truck who was nice enough to use me as an excuse not to go on his next call. I wait the next morning for the mechanic to call me; no call. I called him; he says "umm, yeah, we recommend you get a new timing belt and water pump," I ask how much would that cost, and he replied $1090.80. Considering i got this done in NJ for $300 I wanted to say "you've got to be fucking kidding," but i say "no, just the battery thank you." Mind you it still cost $180 just to get a new battery, something i could have gotten at sears for $60 if i had some alternative means of transportation.
The worst part was just sitting hopelessly in front of a pep boys in the south side of richmond witnessing a crime scene and not having any way to get home. FUCK RICHMOND CABS. I am so fucking sick of these people. They are understaffed and don't have a fucking clue where anything is. So they screw around running up a fucking meter leaving you helpless and broke. And i'm pissed at mechanics. Sure, they might have a reputation for being ass clowns but fucking christ i am one of the most honest polite fucking people you will ever deal with. Show some god damn respect! While i'm on this little tirade i might as well mention that i haven't run into a good fucking driver yet. The thing that probably pisses me off the most is the inability for these people to check their blind spot. Yes, i know you have a little car and your mirror should suffice, but it doesn't! There's still a car-length of space that you can't see unless you turn your head and fucking look. No one, i mean no one knows how to merge. Nobody. It's like they freak out, slam on the gas or break and hope for the best when all they have to do is match the speed of the traffic your merging with! Oh, and the bikes. Everyone here has a bike and thinks they are indestructible. Given, if i hit one of them, i'm the one that's going to be blamed. But that also means they're going to be fucking DEAD! Yes, i can see your little flashing light. That does not give you the right to dart out in front of me from a side street! And since when did everyone get so judgmental about the music people listen to. Here, it's divided pretty much in half. If you listen to country you hate everyone that listens to punk, and if you listen to punk then you automatically hate all things country. Everyone else is fucked. Seriously. If you don't fit into one of those groups there's little to no place for you here. I've been to metal shows, the only people there are shithead scene trash who just want to show off in front of their insecure girlfriend and people that travel with the band. Luckily i know enough about punk to carry on a conversation, but as soon as i mention i'm a metalhead it's like i just kicked a baby. And STOP GETTING TATTOOS BECAUSE OF THE TREND. Yes, it's a creative way to express yourself, but if it doesn't mean anything then it doesn't count. If the only thing that you can say about your tattoo is "it looked cool" then fuck off, you're going to wind up hating it later on. It's so god damn trendy here... And this one doesn't so much make me angry, just frustrated. STOP GETTING MARRIED WHEN YOU'RE 20 YEARS OLD. It's cute that you think you love each other, but it's fucking stupid. You're too young, you haven't dated enough, and spending some time single is healthy because it shows you don't need to be dependent on someone to be happy. (i'm hoping anyway) It's so insane when i see people my age walking around strollers. (they flood the sidewalks) And if you are taken, don't flurt with other people at the bar! It's disappointing and sad and it's another thing that i witness every time i go out.

OK, that's it for now, needless to say i'm a little bent out of shape and if i've offended or misrepresented anyone i'm sorry. This whole experience has been making me nothing but bitter. I'm counting the seconds before Oct 4th when i can go back to my home and have some fun with good friends.

1 comment:

Bear Flavored said...

Ali said you'll be at alumni weekend. I wasn't going to go before, but if you guys are I definitely will. Sorry to hear about all that shit. That's real fucked up. I agree with you on everything else, anyway. That music scene shit is fucked, but that's how it is here too. Maybe even worse, because the indie rock scene is completely dominant, and then you just have the ghetto culture with its ghetto stuff, of course. But bands are pretty much judged by whether or not their violinist ever played with Arcade Fire. And while I obviously like strings and interesting instruments, it's getting out of hand with the mellow low-fi, underproduced experimental folk stuff. I need a fucking power chord every now and then. But you know me... I listen to the most random music. Even if there was a big metal scene, I get the feeling most classic metalheads aren't nearly as open and cultured and diverse in their tastes as you. If I told someone I listened to a Celtic-influenced pagan folk/black metal band, they'd be like "Flutes? That's fucking gay dude." I've never managed to fit in one scene either, so you don't have the easy-way-out of just dropping into some clique. Maybe if there was a legitimate post-rock scene. Until then, I'll have to be content with forming unrealistic crushes on random girls on the subway or that stop me and ask me for directions, and writing books instead of having friends.